One of the finest decisions one can make in their life is to study abroad in Canada. The ideal study-abroad location for mechanical engineering is Canada. Canada provides everything a student needs to study mechanical engineering since its institutions are among the best in the world and it has a distinctive educational philosophy.
They provide the top engineering degrees in a range of specialties. If you want to learn more as you prepare to study mechanical engineering in Canada for international students for upcoming intake, continue reading our blog.
- Why Study Mechanical Engineering in Canada? Top Reasons
- Study Mechanical Engineering in Canada: Undergraduate Programs
- Eligibility Requirements for Undergraduate Mechanical Engineering in Canada
- Documents Required for Undergraduate Mechanical Engineering in Canada
- Masters | MSc in Mechanical Engineering in Canada
- Eligibility Requirements for MSc in Mechanical Engineering in Canada
- Documents Required for MSc in Mechanical Engineering in Canada
- Top Mechanical Engineering Universities in Canada
- How Much Does it Cost to Study Mechanical Engineering in Canada for International Students?
- Scope of Mechanical Engineering in Canada: Mechanical Engineering Jobs in Canada
- Conclusion: Study Mechanical Engineering in Canada
- FAQs on Study Mechanical Engineering in Canada
Why Study Mechanical Engineering in Canada? Top Reasons
One of the developed nations that is lagging behind in terms of development is Canada. There are various advantages for Canadian mechanical engineering students.
Reasons to study mechanical engineering in Canada are:
- graduate mechanical engineers from Canadian universities in large numbers. The top Canadian colleges graduate more than 3,000 mechanical engineers each year.
- Excellent job prospects for grads. Many different industrial disciplines use mechanics. Reputable businesses are among the top employers of mechanical engineers in Canada.
- Canadian degree that is acknowledged worldwide. The most prestigious and well-known educational credentials are from Canada. With a Canadian educational degree, students may study and work anywhere in the globe.
- Best universities to study at. Numerous Canadian institutions rank well on lists of the best places to study mechanical engineering.
- Study Engineering in Canada for International Students
- Study Biomedical Engineering in Canada from Nepal
Study Mechanical Engineering in Canada: Undergraduate Programs
A bachelor’s degree and certification are prerequisites for students who want to enroll in undergraduate or bachelor’s programs in mechanical engineering. A bachelor’s degree program typically lasts four years. During these four years, physics, thermodynamics, risk management, and renewable energy are highlighted in the curriculum.
Some of the top institutions in Canada that offer mechanical engineering bachelor’s degrees, together with their durations and costs:
Eligibility Requirements for Undergraduate Mechanical Engineering in Canada
Canadian mechanical engineering institutions have unique criteria for overseas students. The following, however, are some essential requirements for Canadian undergraduate mechanical engineering eligibility.
- Academic prerequisites completion of Class XII with Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics or upper secondary school (including calculus).
- English language proficiency: 6.5 on the IELTS,
- 122 on the TOEFL (online)
- 180 on the CAE (C1/C2)
- PTE: total score of 68, no less than 60
Documents Required for Undergraduate Mechanical Engineering in Canada
- Identification – Passport
- Financial Documents showing proof of fund
- High school diploma
- Admission cards and grade reports from the tenth grade are two more academic transcripts.
- Exam outcomes
Related Information: Top Undergraduate Diploma Courses in Canada for International Students
Masters | MSc in Mechanical Engineering in Canada
In Canada, one to two years are required for master’s or master’s degree-level mechanical engineering coursework. The curriculum specifically blends concepts from computer-aided design, solid mechanics, thermofluids, and material science.
The following top Canadian colleges offer master’s or post-graduate degrees in mechanical engineering, along with their durations, costs, and other details:
|S.N||Universities||Programs Offered||Time Duration||Tuition Fees (First Year)|
|1.||University of Toronto||Master of Applied Science in Mechanical and Industrial Engineering||2 years||CAD 61,000 to 64,000|
|2.||University of Waterloo||Systems Design Engineering – MASc||16 months||CAD 20,000 to 23,500|
|3.||McMaster University||M.A.Sc in Mechanical Engineering||2 years||CAD 19,500 to 22.000|
|4.||University of Windsor||Master of Applied Science in Mechanical Engineering||2 years||CAD 14,000 to 17,000|
|5.||University of Victoria||Master of Engineering (MEng) in Mechanical Engineering||2 years||CAD 4.500 to 7,000|
|6.||University of British Columbia||Master of Applied Science in Mechanical Engineering||2 years||CAD 8,000 to 12,00|
|7.||The Memorial University of Newfoundland||MEng in Mechanical Engineering||2 years||CAD 5,000 to 8,000|
|8.||University of Calgary||Master of Science in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering||2 years||CAD 8,000 to 12,000|
|9.||The University of Alberta||MSc in Mechanical Engineering||2.5 years||CAD 8,000 to 13,000|
|10.||Ryerson University||Master of Applied Science in Mechanical and Industrial Engineering||12 months||CAD 23,000 to 28,000|
Related Information: Top Universities | Colleges in Canada for International students
Eligibility Requirements for MSc in Mechanical Engineering in Canada
There are several unique eligibility criteria for international students in Canada. Additionally, test results for the TOEFL, CAE and other English proficiency exams must be provided by students from non-native English-speaking nations.
Academic background: A minimum GPA of 3.0 and a four-year bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited university are prerequisites (out of 4.0). This is equivalent to a grade of B and a percentage of 78 to 81%.
More information on: How to prepare for IELTS Test? A guide for IELTS Test Preparation
Documents Required for MSc in Mechanical Engineering in Canada
The following are some examples of the paperwork needed for a Canadian MSc in mechanical engineering:
The following records are required of candidates throughout the admissions process for international students in Canada:
- proof of examinations for English language proficiency
- proof of work experience (if any)
- Academic records from all postsecondary institutions
- Letters of recommendation | Recommendation letters (LOR)
- Purpose Statement (SOP)
Top Mechanical Engineering Universities in Canada
According to the QS Ranking for mechanical engineering programs in Canada, some of the best institutions in Canada include:
|S.N||Mechanical Engineering Universities in Canada||QS Ranking|
|2.||University of Calgary||9|
|4.||University of Alberta||7|
|6.||University of Montreal||5|
|7.||University of British Columbia||4|
|8.||University of Waterloo||3|
|10.||University of Toronto||1|
Related information: Top Universities | Colleges in Canada for International students
How Much Does it Cost to Study Mechanical Engineering in Canada for International Students?
Undergraduate or bachelor’s degree programs cost between 36,000 and 60,000 CAD in tuition annually. In contrast, the yearly cost of an MSc in Mechanical Engineering in Canada is between 4,000 and 32,000 CAD.
However, the overall price for overseas students to study mechanical engineering in Canada varies by university, course, level of study, and discipline within.
You might be interested in Top Scholarship for Nepalese Students in Canada
Scope of Mechanical Engineering in Canada: Mechanical Engineering Jobs in Canada
As students graduate, they have access to a variety of career options in Canada. Several positions for mechanical engineers in Canada are
|S.N||Mechanical Engineering Jobs in Canada||Annual Salary|
|1.||Junior Mechanical Engineer||CAD 55,000|
|2||Mechanical Engineering Technician||CAD 43,000|
|3.||Mechanical Engineering Technologists||CAD 50,000|
|4.||Senior Project Manager||CAD 49,000|
|5.||Mechanical Maintenance Engineer||CAD 63,000|
|6.||Mechanical Design Engineer||CAD 60,000|
|7.||Project Manager||CAD 44,000|
|8.||Mechanical Engineering||CAD 68,000|
Conclusion: Study Mechanical Engineering in Canada
International students travel to Canada to study mechanical engineering. In Canada, there are several career opportunities, with education at the top of the list. Canada offers all the top-tier colleges and amenities that students may need.
While pursuing a degree in mechanical engineering might provide you with greater career prospects in mechanical engineering in Canada, you must be aware of the applications you must submit because they are not always as straightforward as they seem. Get in touch with us, Consultancy dAh. We can help you with the necessary planning so that you may study mechanical engineering in Canada for international students.
- Study in Canada from Nepal
- Study Engineering in Canada for International Students
- Intakes in Canada
- Total Cost to Study in Canada from Nepal
FAQs on Study Mechanical Engineering in Canada
What are the top universities to study mechanical engineering in Canada?
Some of the top universities for mechanical engineering in Canada are:
– The University of Waterloo
– The University of Windsor
– McGill University
– The University of Victoria
– Ryerson University
Is Canada a decent place to study mechanical engineering?
In this industry, there is a healthy job market across the nation. Students can easily get a job and a work visa after graduating. Yes, studying mechanical engineering in Canada is a wise decision.
Which Canadian province has the best job prospects for mechanical engineers?
Of all the provinces in Canada, Western Canada has the biggest need for mechanical engineers. Alberta and British Columbia now provide the most job opportunities. Ontario, and more specifically the Greater Toronto Area, offers opportunities for mechanical engineers .
What are the different mechanical engineering jobs in Canada?
Among the mechanical engineering positions available in Canada are:
– Mechanical Engineer, junior
– Project Manager Senior